Monday, March 23, 2009

Time is in the Eye of the Beholder

Growing up I was always told that 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.' Now that I feel like I've had enough life experience, I feel that this saying can be applied to anything really because when it comes down to it, perception is everything. Lately I have found myself stuck in ruts where it seems like I never have enough time to get things done. I have too much to do and not enough time. Well, I've decided to turn a new leaf. 

I realize that time, in and of itself, is something that is uncontrollable. It passes no matter what you do within it's confines. It is what you decide to do with it, how you decided to proportion it, and how you view it, that really creates the strain. If I could take the minutes that I have spent grumbling and ranting about how little time I have to do everything on my To Do lists, I would have had everything done by now and then some. This weekend, I finally took some initiative to take some time for myself to do things I have wanted to do for a long time. But I am tired of having productive days every so often and that's it. I want my LIFE to be productive and to rid myself of these artificial barriers I have created within myself. So from now on, I shall take a more proactive approach to everyday living- and I encourage you to do the same. Maybe now that I've written this down in the public eye, I will be held  more accountable. More blogs to come soon!

Background music: none... just the wind rustling the leaves outside my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment